Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

To Do List Update 2


Its been 2 weeks since I originally posted my nursery to-do list in an effort to ridicule myself into getting on the ball.  So far the public pressure has helped and things are moving along nicely (kind of).  

Updates since last week

Overall Nursery
- Paint nursery (Mr. Whimsy) Mr. Whimsy has some touch ups to do... still
- Add woodwork to nursery (Mr. Whimsy) - I think this is totally done.  Whoop!
- Schedule deep cleaning for carpet - (Lindsey) - waiting on painting and wood work to be complete.  

Furniture, Decoration and Organization in Nursery and House (baby specific items)
- Redo furniture - dresser x 2, rocking chair, glider - paint portion (Mr. Whimsy)Quasi done.  Dresser #1 is done, glider is primed, rocking chair is inn the middle of being stained.  Dresser #2 is removed from the list for a while
- Redo furniture - dresser x 2, rocking chair, glider - glaze portion (Lindsey)Glazing is done on the dresser and I just need to get a coat of poly-acrylic on it.  Other furniture is waiting for the painting portion to be complete.
- Get/redo crib (Mr. Whimsy and Lindsey) - Still have to  schedule a time for pick up from Rowdy Ramsdens... 
- Set up nursery (Mr. Whimsy for muscles, Lindsey for "oversight")
- Hang up/organize baby clothes, blankets, figure out storage for baby stuff (Lindsey) - kind of done.  I have used every baby coat hanger I have but need the dresser to be completed and brought to the nursery before I can complete this task.
Ask Denise (Rowdy Ramsdens) about organza rosette fabric for lamp shades/curtains (Lindsey) Done.  
- Clean out cabinet in craft room to make room for things in Baby Whimsy's closet (Lindsey) basically done.  Still need Mr. Whimsy to put a shelf up so I have a place for baskets but that barely counts...
- Get pantry organized to make room for all new baby stuff (Lindsey) -zilch.  But I did add more goodies to the overflowing pantry

Random Must Do's- 
- Mow the lawn (Mr. Whimsy) Yea!  Lawn mower came back from the repair man yesterday and Mr. Whimsy spent his birthday afternoon mowing.  Still need to get to the fenced area but at least we are no longer "those neighbors"
Get last name officially changed, fill new name with insurance (Lindsey) Going to re-register at the hospital this week
- Mail belated graduation/baby/wedding gifts (Lindsey) - sorry folks, your gifts will be in the mail soon... 

 Not Mandatory but Hope To Do:
- Fix up onsies y (Lindsey) - I wish but I did sort out the onsies that needed some cute added to them
- Add doilie "M" to painted canvas (Lindsey) - Done!
- Doily light shade (Lindsey, Mr. Whimsy for any electrical know how) -Project is back on the to do list.  I started it last night and just need to spend more time with my needle and thread 
- Deal with excess garden produce - steam, puree and freeze zucchini for baby food (Lindsey) - We are mostly just getting peppers and cherry tomatoes now - I guess its too hot for zucchini?  The tomatoes get eaten right way but picking them is an ongoing  (and hot) process
- Art with bird and Bible verse (Lindsey) - not yet
- Sleep (Lindsey) - Not sure I will catch up on this one for a few years...

And added on last week:
- Paint tree in corner of room (Mr. Whimsy) - Mr. Whimsy said we needed to do something big and fun to the wall so I found a whimsical (of course) looking tree and we are going to use a projector (borrowed from the library) to sketch it on the wall with some kind of shimmery paint.  Unfotunately, Mr. Whimsy and I did not discuss the scale of this project before he sweetly sketched it on the wall.  The big tree I was envisioning turned out to be only about 5-6 feet tall.  We decided instead of making this one bigger we would buy a vinyl tree that requires less work.  Now I just need to order one...
- Attempt to make button lampshade (Lindsey)- I have a very cool old lamp that I was going to make a doily lampshade for but then I saw a button one that is (of course) more work but oh so fun looking.  Hopefully I have enough white an pearl buttons to complete this one.  Project turned out to be a dud and now I am back to the doily lamp shade project.
- Make 3 doily lanterns to hang in corner of room (instead of bird houses and light shade (Lindsey) - this should be a quasi easy and fun project but it will be messy so I will probably save it for the weekend
- Do something with the furniture and stuff that is in the nursery (Lindsey and Mr. Whimsy - right now the center of the room is piled with the old furniture and baby gift we have gotten... this mess has to be cleaned out soon!

And onto this weeks to-do's:
I have a pretty heavy workload at my regular job this week and already have some social events on the calendar for the evening so I am not sure how productive this week will be.  This list is going to grow but so far I've only got a few items to add to the long list above:
- Pack hospital bag
- Install car seat
- Order crib mattress, baby monitor and play yard
- Do some couponing to rebuild my tiny "stockpile" so we have less shopping to do when Baby Whimsy comes
- Order needed products for LindseysWhimsys rentals.  Must do soon.

Thats a wrap!  Hope you all have a happy and productive week!

No comments:

Post a Comment