Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

POPCORN!

Confession: I LOVE popcorn way more than I should.  SO, when I I read one of Tikaa's recent post on Green Acres Brenham, I was super excited.

Like Tikaa, for me, popcorn  came in a pack of 6 at Kroger... or if your old school you have one of those air popcorn makers (do people still use those though?).  I never paid attention to the bags of corn kernnels... until now!

With a basic brown lunch sack, 1/2 a cup of popcorn kernels, a microwave you've got a bag full of fresh popped corn.  This is a totally easy, thrifty, and quasi healthy snack!

The below instructions are taken off of Green Acres Brenham:


All you need is a basic brown lunch bag, popcorn (any kind you like, I used Archer Farms 100% whole grain Midnight Blend) and a microwave.

Measure out 1/2 cup  of popcorn and pour into bag.

Fold the top of the bag over twice (no staples or tape) and put in the microwave for about two minutes. When you can hear the popping slowing down take it out.

It couldn't be easier or taste better. Once it's popped you can add all the toppings you like or none at all.


Measure out 1/2 a cup of kernels into your brown bag.


=======================================

Lindsey notes: I used a cheap bag of store brand corn kernels to try this and they also worked great.  I'll eventually try the different varieties of corn but haven't got there yet.  When I am done, I pour the popcorn into a bowl seasoning it in layers (pour some popcorn, add some seasoning, shake the bowl, repeat).

Also, if you are as clueless as I was when I went to buy this at the store, the bags of popcorn kernels are in the popcorn section (check the bottom shelf).  This is also where you will find all the fun seasonings made for popcorn.

SO YUM!  Thanks Tikaa and Green Acres Brenham for the great snack idea and letting me borrow your post!

If you aren't following Tikaa's blog, Green Acres Brenham, you totally should.  She does great post on jewelry, decorating, party decor and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment