Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Picnic Table Pick Me Up

I bought this wood picnic table at a garage sale over a year ago. Its original rust colored paint job lasted for a couple months but by now, it was in need of a MAJOR paint job. It was peeling and unappealing to use in any way, whatsoever. I was deciding on a color and am a little tired of the dark red/maroon I used a bunch when I first moved in. Instead, I am really loving yellow, pink and green right now... this time yellow won out.

A little sanding, primer, and two coats of left over yellow paint letter I have what appears to be a brand new picnic table. I also applied a couple coats of polycrylic... I am hoping this will help protect it from the weather. I've already gotten use out of the table and know I'll be using it tons more this summer.

1 comment:

  1. You are so good at this painting thing! You should call your house "The Painted House".

    ReplyDelete