Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Engagement Story

Wow! What an exciting past couple of days its been! I got a new rabbit, some of my seeds are sprouting and of course, most exciting, Joe proposed!!! More on those other things later but I wanted to share our engagement story with everyone now.

Joe has been on the road doing campaign stuff for about 4-5 days straight. We hadn't seen each other and had only talked on the phone for a few minutes each day. Campaigns can be hard to deal with but I have kind of gotten used to it over the past several years. Anyway, Joe said he thought he would be able to spend some time with me on Friday but not until after four. I decided to hit up some garage sales that morning (didn't find anything exciting). As I was headed home (around 11:30), Joe called and said he got finished early and would be at the house in about an hour. I asked him to pick up lunch for us before he got to the house.

I got back to the house and was doing some research on raising rabbits when I heard Joe pull up in the driveway. Normally I would have gotten up and unlocked the door but I wanted to finish reading something first. I met him at the door as he was unlocking it and I took the bag of food from him because he hands were full. I set the food on the table as Joe said he was going to go upstairs and change. Then all the sudden he was in the kitchen asking me what I wanted to drink. I told him to go change and he said no, that he wanted to help me get everything ready. That was kind of weird but I dismissed it.

I then went and grabbed our to-go plates. I put mine down but Joe said he wanted a plate to put his on. I grabbed his to-go plate and brought it to the kitchen. He said he wanted some sauce that was still in the bag to put on his plate so I went to grab the sauce. I was kind of worried because he acted like he really wanted the sauce but I did not remember seeing anything else in the bag but I went to look anyways. When I looked in the bag I saw a ring and I thought, that's funny, someone from the restaurant dropped their ring in here we better bring it back. As I turned around to tell that to Joe, he somehow came from the kitchen to where I was standing and was on his knee in no time flat. He started talking but I thought he was kidding so I kind of kicked him (gently) and told him to get up. He didn't. He kept talking and I told him to stop playing and to get up again. Then I heard the words "will you marry me?" All that I said was, "are you kidding me? This is a joke right? What are you talking about? You're not being serious are you?" All the time I seriously thought he was kidding. He wasn't and I realized I needed to answer him so I said yes and tada, we are engaged!

His proposing was a COMPLETE shock to me. I had no idea it was coming for several reason first of which is about a week ago, he came home with a pearl necklace and bracelet for me. This really through me off the scent of getting engaged anytime soon. Then we have talked about getting engaged but not for a little while. Finally, I never expected to find my engagement ring in a plastic bag with to-go food. Wowza!

Anyway, so now I am so happy to be engaged and to begin the wedding planning process. I have no idea where to begin but I am sure it will all make sense soon!



My ring

1 comment:

  1. GREAT! Story & glad to see you are actually keeping up with your blog!-Holli

    ReplyDelete